Friday, April 23, 2010

A Miscellaneous Collection of Things I Like

Creative book trailers

Though I am by no means a fan of YouTube, I have to admit that sometimes there are charming videos on the web site. While these usually involve baby animals or people dancing in unexpected places, occasionally there's a book trailer that catches my eye, like this one for The Boy With the Cuckoo-Clock Heart.




• Clever Bookmarks

I recently pulled a guidebook off my shelf to find that I had used Signers of the Declaration of Independence baseball cards to mark Revolutionary War-related pages. I've also started grabbing bookmarks from used bookstores and writing the dates I get them on the back. Gone, apparently, are the days when I would use Post-It notes or even Kleenex to mark pages.


I like these grass bookmarks a lot, even if it might look strange for an entire bookshelf to be sprouting them. Order them here.

• The New Yorker's The Book Bench blog

Along with book-related news, the blog includes regular features like 1,000 Words with photos of book related images and a really fun weekly book cover identification contest that I am determined to win someday. Posts are casual but curated, and almost always of interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment